Dec 5 Prompt: Let Go.
What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
I think this year was the year of letting go. I realized, in many ways, that I’m a control-a-holic and now am hoping for a full recovery. This year, I also let go (or am learning to let go of)
- Caring so much about what other people think
- The place I called “home” for 30 years
- Friends who are really acquaintances (in this era of facebook, my measurement is simple: do I know when your birthday is off the top of my head? If the answer is yes, we’re probably true friends)
- The idea that a large, regular paycheck equals security
- A church family that was wonderful but no longer a place I needed to be
- Fearing conflict
- The need to take offense on my own behalf