Pages

Monday

Count Your Blessings


#reverb10 December 4
Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
To be honest, I’m not sure I did. This year, due to many factors, I felt my headspace shrinking, as I attempted to navigate the many life changes I encountered or am still encountering.
The one instance that stands out the most was a Sunday morning as I drove to church; I started thinking about B and his love for me and how I completely did not deserve it. (I had been pretty rotten to him at the time.) The sheer fact that he loves me even when I don’t deserve it BY CHOICE moved me to blubbery, unattractive tears. And then, no kidding, a rainbow popped out of the sky right in front of me. That was pretty wondrous.
In the past few weeks, I’ve endeavored to counter any sarcasm or snark I might normally put on my facebook wall with a status that is grateful for three things, no matter how small. I’m hoping this measure of gratitude reminds me that life, even in the crappy, unmoored moments, can be pretty wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Really like this post, your positive outlook is contagious! :-)

    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it friendly, positive and encouraging, please!