Pages

Monday

I've Got my Love to Keep me Warm

The Daily #reverb10 (from, ahem...3 days ago)


Dec 3 Prompt: Moment
Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).



In my hometown of Tulsa, when snow falls, the city tends to shut down a bit (if not completely). Over a period of a few days, about eight inches of snow fell, blanketing the city in white fluff. B came over in his Jeep and we watched old movies while drinking tea to keep warm. After night fell, we bundled up in old mechanic’s overalls and went for a “snow walk”. 

We walked for about a mile through my neighborhood, snow still falling languidly all around. I remember my nose being cold, the snow crunching beneath my feet as we walked mitten in mitten, mostly in silence. We finally arrived at my neighborhood park, where we sat in the playhouse and stared dreamily at each other. It felt like we were the only two people in the world. And that was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it friendly, positive and encouraging, please!