Pages

Wednesday

The Best Things Happen When You are Dancing

So, all through the month of December, I'm doing two things.


1. I'm celebrating "Dressember", which means I'll be wearing a dress or skirt every day for 31 days. Tights are going to be my very best friend this month. 


2. As a way of reflecting on this past year, I'll be participating in reverb10, a blogging event that "is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. The end of the year is an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations* for the year ahead".

*They call it "reverberations" I call it "hopes", for "manifests", "desires". Semantics, but it's a bit too much on the "do-it-yourself-good-vibes" side of things for my taste. I think I'll reserve the right to alter the prompts throughout.

Today's Prompt: December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

Without a doubt, the word would be "Change". Within this past year, I've left a job, left a city, friends, family & familiar places in order to take on a new job in a new field. I've gotten engaged to the most wonderful man I could have ever imagined, we've slowly settled in our new home(s), and have begun the process of beginning to make new friends, new places, creating a family here. We tried (& failed) to buy a new home, and right now, I have no idea where I will be living in a month. 

I've had to stretch beyond the boundaries I thought I was capable of, be vulnerable in seeking help, and relinquish quite a bit of control. And I have to say, it's been hard at times. Recently, I've begun having panic attacks at least twice a week, but see those more as a symptom of letting go. 

To me, these attacks are a sign of a dependency on controlling every aspect of life. I'd rather put trust in God, but it's not my natural inclination. I'd like it to be. There's no reason I shouldn't live my life this way. Every need I've had has been met, and sometimes even before I have a chance to pray it. 

So, 2010 has been about change, for the better, I'm sure. And I'm thankful for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it friendly, positive and encouraging, please!