Pages

Friday

Friday Love

So, on Fridays, I like to list things I love. The number is completely arbitrary. This week, let's go with 8.

1. Netflix dates with the Husbear. We're getting pretty into "Pushing Daisies" and "24". I love Chuck and Olive!




2. Homemade ice cream. Bear's sister got us an ice cream maker as a wedding gift, and, ahem, I've been using it A LOT.

(Sidenote: I would die if I ever got this. Want one SO bad!)


3. Rustic headboards. We have NO bedroom furniture, save a mattress (and we're borrowing that!), so it's fun to think of starting from scratch. This is my dream headboard, but now I'm convinced that, using this tutorial, we can make one!




4. Finally having our dog, Topher, back with us. Because of moving around and not being settled, he's been living with relatives, but he's back! (Pics to come!)

5. Poached eggs. For snacks, breakfast...there's really no bad time to eat a poached egg.



6. Ombre. I know, I know. I'm late to this party. I just got ombre highlights a few weeks ago and LOVE them. I see a lot of opportunities for it in fashion, beauty and home design and am hoping to incorporate a few ideas!

( This is pretty much what our humble living room aspires to. And the curtains would be an easy DIY.)

(I, and my hair, look EXACTLY like this.)

7. Risotto. I think I could eat risotto all day. With poached eggs on top. :)

(Photo and recipe from "The Pioneer Woman")

8. Nail art. Not the tacky yuck stuff, but fun designs.


(via "Cupcakes and Cashmere")



(Wanna see more of what I love? Follow me on Pinterest!)

2 comments:

  1. What is ombre highlights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara---now it kinda looks like this photo:

    http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2011/06/do-your-own-wedding-hair-chestnut-bun.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FbboSV+%28A+CUP+OF+JO%29

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it friendly, positive and encouraging, please!